- Township Services
- Refuse Billing Switch FAQ
Refuse Billing Switch FAQ
As of 2023 all refuse billing will be handled by Erie Water Works. However, this does not change the contracted amount to be paid, nor does it change the contracted hauler. This change will simply streamline the billing process. Below are some frequently asked questions regarding the billing switch.
There is no action needed from you to change your account with WM. The accounts will automatically be cancelled as the contract is transitioned. Non-billable accounts will be set up for each address so access to WM.com for service schedules, repair requests, and bulk services will still be available. You can reach out after 4/1/2023 to obtain the new account number to access the account online.
The trash bill will become a third line item on the water/sewer bill that is mailed to your landlord. Please contact your landlord to discuss further.
- What do I do if I have well water or a septic system and do not currently recieve a water/sewer bill from Erie Water Works?
All current Waste Management customers have been forwarded to Erie Water Works. You will begin receiving a bill from Erie Water Works with only one line item invoicing for trash/recycling services.
- I am currently signed up for automatic withdrawal from Waste Management. Will WM still withdraw money from my account?
No, Waste Management will not invoice or withdraw after April 1st.
- I am currently signed up for automatic withdrawal from Erie Water Works. Will Erie Water Works withdraw the correct amount or do I need to make a correction in their system?
If you are currently signed up for automatic withdrawal from Erie Water Works, they will pull the correct amount for water/sewer/trash moving forward after April 1st.
- I am currently signed up for recurring payments to Waste Management through my bank. How should I reflect the new billing change?
Update your bank and stop any automatic recurring payments to Waste Management.
No, you will only receive one invoice from Erie Water Works that is attached to your current water/sewer invoice. You will only have one customer account with Erie Water Works moving forward.
The Erie Water Works bill is invoiced quarterly. If you just paid a bill from Erie Water Works, your next bill will arrive three months from now. Not all residents will receive the Erie Water Works invoice in the same billing cycle. Please call Erie Water Works at 814-870-8000 about questions regarding when your next invoice will arrive.
Yes, you may stop into the Millcreek Township Building to purchase PAYT bags at any time. Both Erie Water Works and Waste Management will be notified of the change in status to your account. Your invoice will reflect a pro-rated amount for a change in service.