Join Environment Erie and Millcreek Township for this informational workshop on the philosophy of zero waste and proper procedures for diverting food waste and recyclables from the waste stream with an emphasis on composting. Attendees will learn how to build and maintain a successful compost pile from everyday organic waste material as well as discover opportunities made available through local composting and recycling centers. Upon completion of the workshop, each participating household will receive one Compost Wizard Jr. bin and composting handouts. There is a fee of $30.00 per household to attend the workshop and limits of one bin per household. Family members are welcome!
Saturday, April 6th @ Tom Ridge Environmental Center (9am – 11am)
Saturday, May 4th @ Millcreek Township Building (9am – 11am)
- You may only register for ONE workshop
- Payment of $30.00 Due upon online registration. Note: No form of payment will be accepted on the day of the event
- Must register for event ONLINE
- Limit 1 composting bin per household
- Limit 1 guest per registered participant
- Guest must be from the same household as the registered participant
- Sign-in closes ten minutes before start time (please show up and be settled in before this time)
- Large vehicle required to accommodate the size of the composting bins
- Individual delivery of bins is NOT available.
- This workshop is open to all Erie County residents
Register ONLINE at http://www.environmenterie.org/events/public-workshops/