Community Development Block Grant Program
The CDBG program works to ensure decent affordable housing, to provide services to the most vulnerable in our communities, and to create jobs through the expansion and retention of businesses. CDBG is an important tool for helping local governments tackle serious challenges facing their communities. The CDBG program has made a difference in the lives of millions of people and their communities across the Nation.
The annual CDBG appropriation is allocated between States and local jurisdictions called "non-entitlement" and "entitlement" communities respectively. Entitlement communities are comprised of central cities of Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs); metropolitan cities with populations of at least 50,000; and qualified urban counties with a population of 200,000 or more (excluding the populations of entitlement cities). States distribute CDBG funds to non-entitlement localities not qualified as entitlement communities.
The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) determines the amount of each grant by using a formula comprised of several measures of community need, including the extent of poverty, population, housing overcrowding, age of housing, and population growth lag in relationship to other metropolitan areas.
Millcreek Township is a CDBG Entitlement Community, which means that it receives an annual allocation of CDBG funds each year based on the HUD formula. These funds must go toward accomplishing the program's National Objectives, principally benefiting low- and moderate-income persons. Millcreek's CDBG program is administered by the Erie County Department of Planning and Community Development.
CDBG Notices and Filings
- Citizen Participation Plan Notice
- DRAFT Millcreek Township Citizen Participation Plan
- Revisd FINAL PUBLIC HEARING Notice FY 2020Millcreek
- DRAFT FY 2020 Action Plan
- FINAL PUBLIC HEARING Notice FY 2020
- Noticeof Intent to Request Release of Funds-Sidewalk Accessibility Project- Phase VIII
- First Public Hearing Notice FY2020
- FY 2020 CDBG Program Information Guidelines
- Solicitation Cover Letter
- FY 2020 Application for CDBG Funding Consideration
- Millcreek CDBG MAP
- Fair Housing Notice (PDF)
- Five-Year Consolidated Plan for Housing and Community Development (2018)
- FY 1998 to FY 2019 Millcreek CDBG Funded Projects